When it comes to fathers day gifts I think homemade is always a winner. Personal, unique gifts are always treasured.
I think its a great idea to sit down with your children well ahead of time and sound out some ideas.
When I was young I recall making my dad some painted glass ashtrays. They were pretty ropey but he kept them forever and he was really chuffed with them (well, so he said.)
Other homemade fathers day options could include;
- A painitng of something they are interested in
- A cd of their favourite songs
- Their favourite cookies baking
- Their favourite meal cooking
- Going out for the day as a family group to there favourite place.
A recent happiness survey I read said experiecnes outweigh ‘things’ in terms of bringing joy sp perhaps watching dads favourite film or going on his favourite walk might be a real winner of a budget gift to him.
Time to start thinking how you are all going to make his day.
Photo credit: lady dragon fly