We have just come back from an amazing holiday and I want to share my top 5 thrifty travel tips from our trip with you.
- We waited. We waited till 3 weeks before we wanted to go then searched for a last minute villa in Portugal. We saved nearly 80% that way and got our villa for around £400 as it was un-booked.
- We flew from a local airport. This saved us money on parking and petrol we were able to get a lift ( by offering to return the favour) and the fact we went on a very early flight meant we had almost an extra day of holiday!
- I bought no new clothes. We had what we needed and buying new clothes for holidays is a bad habit I have got in to. No need at all they all get sun screen marked anyways!
- We self catered. Meals out can cost up to £50 a pop adding huge amounts to holiday expenses…self catering is easier, cheaper and more flexible.
- Don’t take too much cash. I took way to many euros and lost quite a bit switching hem back to pounds I really could have used my card more
Do you have any good travel tips? If so I would just LOVE to hear!
As always, we’d love you to join in with us by sharing what frugal and thrifty things you’ve been up to this week – whether it’s an Instagram picture (#5frugalthings), a blog post or even a video. Just add your link to the linky at the bottom of this post.
You don’t have to share five things you’ve done, anything thrifty or frugal that you’ve been doing is perfect.
You’re more than welcome to copy and paste the badge above but it would be even better if you could let your readers know that you’re linking up with us by adding a little line to the bottom of your post like this one: