I believe a great breakfast should be speedy and hearty. It shouldn’t take long to prepare and it should fill you with zest for the day ahead.
Scrambled eggs have been a favourite of mine since I was a little girl and my children love them too but they aren’t very exciting are they?
Here is a great way to jazz up scrambled egg and make a delicious breakfast or supper that the whole family will love.
Ingredients (serves 4 ) Prep time 10 min Cook time 35 min
For the scramble
6 new potatoes cubed
6 medium free range eggs
50g of grated mozzarella (optional)
2 tablespoons of butter, though olive oil is fine
Salt and pepper
1 red onion
Baxters Jalapenos Deli Toppers
12 cherry tomatoes
- Slice the onion, wash the potatoes and grate the cheese.
- Heat the butter till it melts then add the cubed potatoes. Cook for 15-20 mins on medium heat till golden and crispy
- Add half a sliced red onion to the mix and fry for 5m
- In a separate bowl mix the eggs plus salt and pepper and add the cheese – stir it all together gently and add a few drops of water
- Pour the egg mixture onto the potato mixture and keep cooking and stirring cooking and stirring till your eggs are cooked. This will take about 10 mins
- Serve with toasted sourdough bread, lettuce leaves, vine tomatoes and a sprinkling of Baxters Jalapenos deli toppers.
Baxters deli toppers are a fabulous new range of toppers including Spicy Slaw, Red Onions, Jalapenos and Red Slaw they are all about bringing the street food experience to the home and they really do add a kick to your food. You can see more about them here where I will be sharing my recipes too.
They are inexpensive and really convenient way to quickly add a zing to your food.
Why we ♥ this:
My husband loves to go out for breakfast but both time and money mean this is a rare occurrence. Adding jalapeños toppings and making an effort with presentation enable him to feel like he’s having a very special breakfast right here in our kitchen.
My children like plainer food than we do so I can make them the exact same breakfast but leave off the toppings so they are really just eating potato, cheese, egg and toast.
Baxters Deli Toppers
Adding the chilli kick at the end in the form of the jalapeños, rather than in the cooking, means I can make one breakfast the whole family will enjoy and just enhance it before serving. That’s the beauty of Baxters new range of Deli Toppers; they can jazz up a meal in an instant and make it into something really special
I think we should all #Get topping!
Baxters Deli Toppers can be found in the pickles and sauces aisles of your local supermarket.
Pin for later