Nottingham has so much to offer and cheap dates in Nottingham are fun and plentiful. I have lived here since I was a child and believe me when I tell you hat Nottingham really does have something to entertain everyone. Of course this being a budgeting blog my focus will be on how you can make the best of your date on a budget because these days we all need to save don’t we?
Get a tastecard
Before you even begin to consider date ideas in Nottingham you might want to get yourself a tastecard. tastecard is a monthly subscription discount card that can save you a small fortune! Restaurant deals Nottingham wide abound and their are so many brilliant saving you can make with 25% – 50% off a meal or 2 for 1 at lots of different establishments. And it ‘s so easy to find the deals, you simply download the tastecard app and search on the area you are interested in. But it isn’t only restaurants you can make savings on. You can also save money on coffees, takeaways and going to the cinema and even shopping and attractions.
And oh my goodness it is cheap to join. £1 for 60 day trial or a yearly subscription at under £35 a month. Incredible!
So tastecard in hand it’s time to go on some amazing cheap dates in Nottingham.
10 Cheap dates in Nottingham
- Sherwood forest – free to enter and full of the most beautiful walks you will be enthralled by the major oak and there is nothing more romantic than wandering through the trees, keep costs down with our own picnic in the forest
- .Visit Nottingham Castle – steeped in history and full of wonderful art Nottingham castle is a cultural date! it’s also one for the adventurous as down below are the Nottingham caves used by smugglers and perhaps even Robin Hood ! The castle is free for City residents.
- Visit the oldest inn in England – the Olde Trip to Jerusalem is just by Nottingham Castle and is built over caves. According to legend, the pub was used as a pit stop by crusaders heading to Jerusalem in the 12th century. It has lots of cool nooks and crannies to cuddle in.
- Head to the Old market square (use your tastecard to grab some takeout Pizza) then juts sit and watch the world go by. The Old Market Square contains the Nottingham Council house and beautiful fountains and there is always something going on, protests, buskers, fairs and s market stalls it is a great place to eat your lunch and watch the world go by.
- Visit the Nottingham Contemporary – one of my most favourite modern art galleries. It always has an innovative and challenging exhibitions. It is free to enter and based in the historic Lake market full of gorgeous old buildings and super cool places to eat.
- Check out the street art in Hockley. Hockley is the area of Nottingham City where the cool kids hang. It has a wealth of fabulous street art and independent shops and the BEST places to stop for coffee.
- Got to the cinema There are 3 cinemas right in the heart of Nottingham – use your tastecard and make the most of the discounts available for your date.
- Visit Trent Bridge – a work of art in itself. If you follow it to the West you come to the beautiful Victoria Memorial Gardens and Fountains. A gorgeous place to walk and talk and to get to know each other better.
- Visit Holme Pierrepoint – home of the national water sports centre and just a bus ride outside Nottingham. You can be entertained by the canoe slalom racers and even have a go at white water rafting if you fancy!
- Finally you can try any of the amazing restaurants that give you discount on your tastecard – Nottingham has cuisine for everyone formal to informal, street food to luxe dining you will absolutely be able to find a great and place to eat and get a deal on your meal!
Cheap dates in Nottingham are easy to organise when you have tastecard to hand.