Sensible Black Friday Shopping
I’ll keep this speedy because I am sure some of you have shopping to do!
I don’t want to tell you not to shop completely as som 9f you will make some brilliant saving s on Black Friday and it may well worthy of a browse if you intended to buy something anyway. But, please before you shop do yourself a favour and bear these points in mind
1) Stuff doesn’t really make us happy..lots of research has been done on this, experiences are what make us happy. So don’t just buy stuff thinking it will change how you feel for any more than about 10 mins.
2) Debt is horrible and never ever worth it (unless it is for a life-saving operation or some such event) A new smart TV is not worth getting into debt for if you have one that already works fine.
3) Just because its a good deal or a bargain it does not mean you have to buy it. Nope. No. Not at all.
4) Temptation is hard to resist. 30% off at Boden? oh yes, please. Maybe you are enticed by a fabulous new pair of geometric curtains or that perfect velevet cushion? I click through like everyone else. Maybe you’d be wise to have a the weekend free of the internet.
5) Take a deep breath, make a cup of tea, ask someone else’s opinion before you press buy. Pausing can make all the difference. Just wait, a few minutes might just clear your head and make you reconsider.
You coulseven pop over here and enter a competition to WIN some money rather than spending it! (Lovely prezzybox voucher up for grabs)
I wish you a THRIFTY and thoughtful Black Friday
The Fabulously Frugal Things I’ve Done This Week Linky rules:
We’d love you to join in with us by sharing what frugal and thrifty things you’ve been up to this week – whether it’s an Instagram picture (#5frugalthings), a blog post or even a video. Just add your link to the linky at the bottom of this post.
You don’t have to share five things you’ve done, anything thrifty or frugal that you’ve been doing is perfect.
We’d like to make this a great little community linky so it would be brilliant if you could comment on a couple of the other blog posts linked up. We’ll make sure that we comment on all posts and if you have a Pinterest friendly image then we’ll Pin your post to one of our boards too.
You’re more than welcome to copy and paste the badge above but it would be even better if you could let your readers know that you’re linking up with us by adding a little line to the bottom of your post like this one:
So how frugal have you been this week?