Today – free Christmas gift ideas to help you save this year.
Preloved gift swaps for Free Christmas gift ideas!
Of course swapping unwanted gifts with others for something you DO want then wrapping them beautifully is a great way to save. And that is what we are doing at LIVAT in Hammersmith this weekend.
Such a good idea great for your pocket and for the environment! Give yourself a high five!
5 FREE Christmas gift ideas for the win!
Are you looking for more free Christmas gift ideas – I know I am!
I know it’s still very early but I was actually in a shop the other day and someone asked me if I had finished my shopping yet. It was only 9 am I had no clue what they were talking about. Christmas shopping they said ‘I’ve almost done – spent a fortune as usual’
Time to start thinking about NOT spending a fortune I reckon and enjoying instead spending on these FREE Christmas Gift Ideas. Having perused the top toys Christmas 2017 list I realized pretty quickly I need to save money on gifts wherever I could.
Here are 5 free Christmas gift Ideas
Pin free Christmas Gift ideas for later
Make up a service for free Christmas gift ideas
Make a voucher up as a gift offering a service – a baby sit, a massage, a favourite meal and a night off chores whatever you think the recipient might like. You can make these look really sweet and roll them in to a scroll and tie with a scrap of ribbon. Your time and service will be most appreciated. No one will care this a free christmas gift ideas
Cost Free Christmas gift ideas have to include baking
Bake some biscuits. Most of us have what we need to make biscuits already lurking in the cupboards and you can never go wrong with simple my easy shortbread recipe always scrumptious
Recycling makes awesome no cost Christmas gift ideas
Make something from what you have – one year my sister made me a dolls house of a cardboard box, another year someone wrote me a song for Christmas. Homemade never ever disappoints because it is infused with time and love and makes even frugal Christmas gift ideas super special
Zero Cost Free Christmas gifts ideas – posters
How about making a poster for someone filled with their favourite things or a family traditions poster..you can make one totally free over at Frugal Family
Playlists make the BEST free Christmas gift ideas
How about creating a playlist of songs for your friend or family member full of memories and meaning. This is a lovely idea and you could even burn them to cd so they have something to unwrap
Update! As a bonus I have some more free Christmas gift ideas as of 2023!
ere are some free Christmas gift ideas:
- Handmade Gifts: Create something unique, like a personalized artwork, a scrapbook, or even a knitted scarf if you have crafting skills.
- Cook a Meal: Prepare a special meal or bake some cookies. Food always makes a wonderful gift.
- Write a Letter: Write heartfelt letters to your loved ones expressing your appreciation and love for them.
- Share Skills: If you have a particular skill (like playing a musical instrument or painting), offer to teach someone for free.
- DIY Home Decor: Create decorations like paper snowflakes, origami ornaments, or homemade wreaths.
- Give the Gift of Knowledge: Recommend interesting books, movies, or online courses that you think the person might enjoy.
- Acts of Kindness: Commit to doing acts of kindness for the person throughout the year. Write these down on small notes and present them as your gift.
- Nature Walk: Take the person on a nature walk or a hike. Spend quality time together outdoors.
- Family Recipe Book: Compile family recipes and create a digital or physical recipe book to share.
- Memory Jar: Collect memories, quotes, or inside jokes and place them in a beautifully decorated jar.
- Organize a Movie Night: Host a movie night at home, complete with popcorn and cozy blankets.
- Offer to Help: Offer your assistance with tasks like organizing their closet, cleaning their garage, or any other chores they might need help with.
Remember, the most meaningful gifts often come from the heart and show that you’ve put thought and care into considering the recipient’s preferences and needs.
Which is your favourite of these zero cost Christmas gift ideas?
Hope these prove useful! Christmas does not have to cost a fortune. FACT. Free Christmas gift ideas abound.
My friends Maggy has shared her free Cat crochet pattern with me and I am thinking this would make an awesome free Christmas gift!
If you are planning on spending but don’t know where to start take a look at The 2019 Christmas gift guide round-up
Have you had a thrifty week? If so, why not join our linky-
“Maybe Christmas,” he thought, “doesn’t come from a store. Maybe Christmas… perhaps… means a little bit more.” – Dr. Seuss
More tips on having a thrifty Christmas
More no-cost Christmas gift ideas
I hope you have enjoyed my post on FREE Christmas gift ideas and found it useful OOh and do pop over here to find out how to make magic reindeer dust and a reindeer dust poem and my easy DIY advent calendars. Christmas absolutely does not have to be expensive and in my experience the more you focus on the creativity and experience of Christmas then the less it actually costs you and the more fun you will have.