Are you looking for free Christmas gift ideas – I know I am!
I know it’s still very early but I was actually in a shop the other day and someone asked me if I had finished my shopping yet. It was only 9 am I had no clue what they were talking about. Christmas shopping they said ‘I’ve almost done – spent a fortune as usual’
Time to start thinking about NOT spending a fortune I reckon. Having perused the top toys Christmas 2017 list I realised pretty quickly I need to save money on gifts wherever I could.
Here are 5 free Christmas gift ideas
- Make a voucher up as a gift offering a service – a baby sit, a massage, a favourite meal and a night off chores whatever you think the recipient might like. You can make these look really sweet and roll them in to a scroll and tie with a scrap of ribbon. You time and service will be most appreciated.
- Bake some biscuits. Most of us have what we need to make biscuits already lurking in the cupboards and you can never go wrong with simple easy shortbread -recipe always scrumptius
- Make something from what you have – one year my sister made me a dolls house of a cardboard box, another year someone wrote me song for Christmas. Homemade never ever disappoints because it is infused with time and love.
- How about making a poster for someone filled with their favourite things or a family traditions poster..you can make one totally free over at Frugal Family
- How about creating a playlist of songs for your friend or family member full of memories and meaning. This is a lovely idea and you could even burn them to cd so they have something to unwrap
Hope these prove useful! Christmas does not have to cost a fortune. FACT. You can read my best budgeting tip for Christmas here. It may give you some ideas! I can also share some tips with you on how to make extra money for Christmas
Have you had a thrifty week? If so, why not join our linky-
The Fabulously Frugal Things I’ve Done This Week Linky rules:
We’d love you to join in with us by sharing what frugal and thrifty things you’ve been up to this week – whether it’s an Instagram picture (#5frugalthings), a blog post or even a video. Just add your link to the linky at the bottom of this post.
You don’t have to share five things you’ve done, anything thrifty or frugal that you’ve been doing is perfect.
We’d like to make this a great little community linky so it would be brilliant if you could comment on a couple of the other blog posts linked up. We’ll make sure that we comment on all posts and if you have a Pinterest friendly image then we’ll Pin your post to one of our boards too.
You’re more than welcome to copy and paste the badge above but it would be even better if you could let your readers know that you’re linking up with us by adding a little line to the bottom of your post like this one:
So how frugal have you been this week? And do you have any free Christmas gift ideas to share with me?
I hope you have enoyed my post on FREE Christmas gift ideas and found it useful OOh and do pop over here to find out how to make magic reindeer dust and a reindeer dust poem and my easy DIY advent calanders