A money-saving mindset
It is hard when money is tight to enthusiastically embrace these steps to a money-saving mindset but actually it is when it is most needed. You may feel like you just want a treat and everything a bit miserable so why should you deprive your self more but actually. This is when you really need to think.
If you want to shop – STOP!
You would be far better taking a peek at my best books on happiness post than purchasing anything today!
Here are 5 steps to a money-saving mindset.. 5 things I have been trying to put into practice lately as my income has halved in the current situation. I absolutely have to focus on having a Money-Saving Mindset
5 steps to a money-saving mindset
- Give your self time to think
- Take the long view
- Think about alternatives to shopping
- Find other ways to treat yourself
- Be thankful
Step by step money-saving mindset activities
- Rather than saying yes then regretting it, I am practising my Money-Saving Mindset with the words ‘let me get back to you’ to give myself time to think about how to phrase the No, thank you I need to be saying more I need to say no to myself too and learn to avoid spending money unnecessarily
- I need to think about being debt-free and having savings in the long term. My kids will both be heading out in the world int he next 6 years and I totally want to be able to support them. it is time to save.
- I need to think about embracing my anti-shopping list principles. In fact, I think I should print this list out and keep it on my fridge
- There are a billion ways to treat yourself without spending why not create a long list and every time you have the urge to splurge look at your list and pick one. Ideas could include phone a friend, have a big bubble bath, dance to your favourite song. keep it wide and varied and full of things you love.
- Saying thank you every day before I sleep for the things I have appreciated about the day ends the day well. It also strengthens my brain into seeing more positives than negatives ( it really does) the brain forever changes you know and what we focus on grows. Being grateful also stops me thinking If I buy more i will be happier. there is a lot to be said for being satisfied with what you have.
More Money-Saving Mindset ideas
I do hope these tips have helped you with your Money-Saving Mindset and that your week has been thrifty and fun!
For those of you who believe in the power of the mind you might also like my post on How to manifest large sums of money
You might also like a look at this great post I read on money saving ideas for the family
Do you think you have a money-saving mindset?
Frugal Friday Linky
As always, we’d love you to join in with us by sharing your frugal tips! – whether it’s an Instagram picture (#5frugalthings), a blog post or even a video. Just add your link below
Let your readers know that you’re linking up with the five frugal things linky by adding a little line to the bottom of your post like this one:
I’m linking up with this Cass
If you liked this post on a money-saving mindset you might also like my post on healthy living choices
and how to reduce living costs during lockdown