A Frugal Easter
Due to a change in my home circumstances, money is tight again this month. Consequently, I have had to think a bit more carefully about Easter. Usually, I go all out – big eggs for the kids and lots of them, lots of lovely craft stuff, all the trimmings for an Easter egg hunt. But this year I have kept it thrifty.
- My son is not massively into crafting so today my daughter is off to a Good Friday craft fest at the local church with her friend. She will spend hours crafting and creating and all for just £3. Far cheaper than me buying in all the stuff.
- On Easter Sunday my kids will go to their Grandad’s where they will have an Easter egg hunt with their cousins. This year just the one will have to do.
- So your choice is to buy £1 eggs for 3 for £10 at the Supermarket right? This year I bought the £1 eggs for everyone.
- As a family we would often go out for lunch on Easter Sunday..not this year a veggie roast dinner made by me will have to do
- Lots of family time, games, old movies and baking will replace the usual trip to the cinema/bowling for Easter
Sometimes in life you just have to roll with the punches and adjust.
I’ve got this.
Happy Frugal Easter everyone
The Fabulously Frugal Things I’ve Done This Week Linky rules:
We’d love you to join in with us by sharing what frugal and thrifty things you’ve been up to this week – whether it’s an Instagram picture (#5frugalthings), a blog post or even a video. Just add your link to the linky at the bottom of this post.
You don’t have to share five things you’ve done, anything thrifty or frugal that you’ve been doing is perfect.
We’d like to make this a great little community linky so it would be brilliant if you could comment on a couple of the other blog posts linked up. We’ll make sure that we comment on all posts and if you have a Pinterest friendly image then we’ll Pin your post to one of our boards too.
You’re more than welcome to copy and paste the badge above but it would be even better if you could let your readers know that you’re linking up with us by adding a little line to the bottom of your post like this one:
So how frugal have you been this week?