I do apologise for being a day late with my frugal things this week. I have no excuse other than the sun was shining and I took full advantage of it!
Here how my thrifty week has panned out…
1) I have had some lovely, lovely walks in the sun. I live quite near a canal and it is such a lovely place to amble. I do think walking is brilliant it’s free, fabulous and accessible to all. One of my simplest and cheapest pleasures
2) I tried a new recipe. I used up a bit of mash with some gravy and a little left over quorn and veggies wrapped up in a tortilla which I shaped like samosa and sealed with water. I popped it in the oven for 25 mins and created a lovely pasty. My OH took it for his pack lunch and declared it delicious. A fab and simple way to use up leftovers.
3) I’ve said no quite a few times to extras my kids have asked for. I never find it easy but gosh what a powerful word ‘no’ is. We are off on holiday very shortly and need to save and they didn’t need the stuff they were asking for.
4) I was about to buy a water spray bottle for crafting but instead fashioned one out of an old air freshener bottle. Just saved £1 but still…£1’s soon add on up!
5) Last but not least I am exploring a new income stream. Over on my interiors blog A Beautiful Space, I am about to start taking ads. I am really unsure if I will find the look of this a bother or if I will barely notice. But, time to give it a go and hopefully earn some extra pennies for my mortgage pot. Watch this space!
How’s your frugal week been?
The Frugal Things Linky
We would love you to join in with this linky by sharing what frugal and thrifty things you’ve been up to this week.
Please could let your readers know that you’re linking up with us by adding a little line to the bottom of your post like this one: