Strawberries and cream cheesecake
Big thank you to Andrea from All you Need is Love and Cake for this FAB recipe.
I cannot wait to try it….
All the ingredients I used came from Aldi and in total it cost me less than £4 to create this – for an even cheaper version you can leave out the strawberries and maybe grate chocolate over the top! You can of course substitute the strawberries for any other fruit – I am hoping to do a blackberry one once we have picked some.
Preparation time for Strawberries and cream cheesecake
– 25 mins, plus chilling time (preferably overnight)
Serves – 10-12
Ingredients for Strawberries and cream cheesecake
For the base
- 250g digestive biscuits
- 100g butter
For the topping
- 600g cream cheese
- 100g icing sugar
- 300ml double cream
- tsp vanilla essence
- 300g strawberries (if using)
Method for Strawberries and cream cheesecake
- Grease a 20in loose bottomed cake tin and line the bottom with greaseproof paper
- Put the digestives in a food processor and blitz until they resemble fine breadcrumbs, alternatively put them in a plastic bag and bash with a rolling pin.
- Melt the butter in the microwave and mix into the digestives until they are evenly coated in the butter. Pack the mixture into the cake tin as tightly and as evenly as possible. Put in the fridge for a couple of hours until solid.
- In a large bowl, mix the cream cheese and icing sugar with an electric whisk. When fully mixed add the cream and the vanilla essence and whisk until really stiff.
- Finely chop the strawberries and mix into the cheese mixture.
- Spread the cheese mixture over the hardened base, making sure not to leave any air bubbles, especially round the sides. Place in the fridge until set, preferably overnight, but I have left it just a few hours before and its been fine.
- When the cheesecake is set, gently lift the base out and its ready to serve!