To make Easy Halloween Shortbread Mummies you need just simple ingredients and a little time
Easy Halloween Shortbread Mummies Ingredients
- 100g Tate & Lyle Pure Cane Caster Sugar
- 220g unsalted butter
- 300g plain flour
- 200g dark chocolate
- 28 edible eyes
- 80g Tate & Lyle Cane Icing Sugar
- 10ml water
Easy Halloween Shortbread Mummies – Method
- Preheat the oven to 180C (160C fan, gas mark 4).
- Add the butter and caster sugar to a large bowl and using the electric mixer, cream until fluffy and soft (about 30 seconds).
- Mixing at the low speed, add the flour in 3 batches until the mixture resembles crumbs.
- Using your hands, bring the dough together and shape into a disc. Wrap into the cling film and refrigerate for 30 minutes.
- Roll out the dough to 0.5cm thick and cut into rounds using the 8cm round cookie cutter.
- Place the biscuits on the baking tray lined with parchment paper and bake in a preheated oven for 12-15 minutes, until just slightly golden.
- Remove from the oven and let cool down on the tray for 10 minutes. While the biscuits are cooling down, add the chocolate pieces into a bowl and put over simmering water, making sure the bottom of the bowl with chocolate doesn’t touch the simmering water. Let the chocolate melt stirring continuously until fully melted. Remove from the heat.
- Spread 2-3 tsp of melted chocolate over each biscuit and place 2 edible eyes on each.
- While the biscuits are cooling again, prepare the icing by mixing the icing sugar and water. If the icing is too thick, slowly add more water, 0.5 tsp at a time.
- Transfer the icing into a piping bag with tip 4 and decorate the biscuits.
If you don’t have a piping bag and a tip, fill the sandwich bag and carefully cut the corner off.
Find more spooky recipes here
Further reading – How to make the BEST shortbread