Christmas does not all have to be about spending money. It is so much more than that. The best things as ever are free.
Here’s what I love and consider the best free things to enjoy at Christmas
1. Watching nativity plays
2. Christmas lights at night
3. Seeing old friends and their families
4. Children’s excitement
5. Time off work and school
6. Singing carols loudly!
7. Singing cheesy Christmas pop music
8. Everyone you visit has nice snacks
9. People smile lots more than usual
10.Some great films on TV!
11.Time with your extended family
13.Santa’s PNP and Elf yourself cards! (sometimes fab things are fee!)
14.Memories of Christmas gone by
15.Getting down old decorations and remembering where they came from
16.Picking up pinecones
17.Christmas baking, gingerbread and mince pies
18.The spirit of magic in the air
19.Lovely traditions like making reindeer food and writing letters to Santa
20.The smell of pine and cinnamon and all things Christmassy in the air.
21. Rediscovering old board games you all enjoy
22. Letters through the post that aren’t just bills
23. More hugs than at any other time of year
24. Sharing long loved stories and poems like Babushka and the Night before Christmas
25. The Christmas message , whatever you believe in, is one of hope and love. People are generally more optimistic and kinder at Christmas time
Can you think of any more?