today – 5 Frugal Birthday Ideas
Oh I have tried so hard to have frugal days this week but it has not been very easy . It was my sons 13th birthday week and cakes and cards and wrapping and the like take their toll on purse strings!
Frugal Birthday Ideas
However we tried to save as best we could:
- My daughter made her own card
- I used wrapping paper salvaged from my daughters birthday the week before
- I bought books ‘as new’ rather than new from Amazon
- My daughter made her brother a chocolate bark instead of us buying a birthday cake. Here is how she made it
- He chose one friend for a very special day out rather than a party for 12 (like last year) this made huge savings
The little things as ever can really add up!
How do you save on birthdays?
As always, we’d love you to join in with us by sharing what frugal and thrifty things you’ve been up to this week – whether it’s an Instagram picture (#5frugalthings), a blog post or even a video. Just add your link to the linky at the bottom of this post.
You don’t have to share five things you’ve done, anything thrifty or frugal that you’ve been doing is perfect.
You’re more than welcome to copy and paste the badge above but it would be even better if you could let your readers know that you’re linking up with us by adding a little line to the bottom of your post like this one:
I’m linking up with this
in this week’s ‘Five Fabulously Frugal things I’ve done this week’ linky.
If you like this post on 5 Frugal Birthday Ideas you mihgt also like my post on birthday parties on a budget