OOh, it’s hot and muggy here (do you say muggy where you are?) It means hot and humid and icky sticky. Bleaaggh. I am not a fan of this weather. So how do we keep our cool when it’s like this? So how do you keep up your spirits when you are fed up. Our little family has had a tough year with several family members passing away and other sadness. I’ve had to be strong, resilient and upbeat for the kids whilst nursing a broken heart. Not easy.
I have had to be careful with money this year too so cheering myself up with treats hasn’t been an option.
So on to frugal ways to keep your spirits up when life is getting you down. Here is what I do:
- I go for a walk..it costs nothing and always lifts me
- I read a book, picking up a book takes me away from my worries and fills my mind with other things. I recommend my own book actually Create Your Own Happy to inspire you out of the doldrums
- I call my bestie and she listens and advises and listens again then makes me laugh, she is a good ‘un.
- I play my favourite upbeat songs – I love ‘you’ve got the love’ by Candi Staton and the source-it always makes me feel better
- I watch a movie – watching a movie works just like a book it banishes the blues for a little while. I think its important to not to watch a tear-jerker when you are feeling this way as the last thing you need is a big cry! I prescribe something like the Greatest Showman to make you feel fabulous.
So there you go simple stuff but thrifty and effective!
The Fabulously Frugal Things I’ve Done This Week Linky rules:
We’d love you to join in with us by sharing what frugal and thrifty things you’ve been up to this week – whether it’s an Instagram picture (#5frugalthings), a blog post or even a video. Just add your link to the linky at the bottom of this post.
You don’t have to share five things you’ve done, anything thrifty or frugal that you’ve been doing is perfect.
We’d like to make this a great little community linky so it would be brilliant if you could comment on a couple of the other blog posts linked up. We’ll make sure that we comment on all posts and if you have a Pinterest friendly image then we’ll Pin your post to one of our boards too.
You’re more than welcome to copy and paste the badge above but it would be even better if you could let your readers know that you’re linking up with us by adding a little line to the bottom of your post like this one:
So, tell me about your thrifty week…was it a good ‘un?
Pin for later…