When it comes to your money you need to not worry too much about being polite or accommodating. You need instead to be protective. My guess is sometimes you end up saying yes to things because you just don’t know how to politely say no?
You need to have some great frugal phrases up your sleeve whether you are with, friend or family, in a shop or talking to a service provider on the phone.
These are 5 of my favourites:
- Can you let me get back to about to you about that (stops you saying yes and regretting it /give you time to think about how you are going to say no)
- Can you give me a better price on that, please? (if you don’t ask you rarely get.)
- I am actually looking for a better deal, I’ll come back to you when I have shopped around ( they normally jump in with a better deal)
- How are you can afford it? Let’s work it out ( in response to your child wanting something.)
- We love to entertain why not come to us and we’ll all do one dish? (In response to being asked out for dinner)
Do you have any great money saving phrases? Do share in comments below if you do I am always keen to add to mine!
I also blog about being thrifty at Thrifty Home and Baby Budgeting so do pop over and take a peek for more money saving ideas. Don’t forget you can also pop over to my Simple Parenting blog to find more great parenting and play articles and to my Eat Simply blog for some fabulous recipes
The Fabulously Frugal Things I’ve Done This Week Linky rules:
We’d love you to join in with us by sharing what frugal and thrifty things you’ve been up to this week – whether it’s an Instagram picture (#5frugalthings), a blog post or even a video. Just add your link to the linky at the bottom of this post.
You don’t have to share five things you’ve done, anything thrifty or frugal that you’ve been doing is perfect.
We’d like to make this a great little community linky so it would be brilliant if you could comment on a couple of the other blog posts linked up. We’ll make sure that we comment on all posts and if you have a Pinterest friendly image then we’ll Pin your post to one of our boards too.
You’re more than welcome to copy and paste the badge above but it would be even better if you could let your readers know that you’re linking up with us by adding a little line to the bottom of your post like this one:
So how frugal have you been this week?