Do you fancy some cobweb soup?
I love to make a fuss at Halloween and this fun and simple soup is just perfect for the occasion.
It not only tastes delicious but it does absolutely look the part too and it is healthy and it is not a bad idea to balance the absolute excess of sweets that your kids are going to be getting with a winter warmer like this soup before they haead off out into the street for their trick or treating.
Cobweb Soup (Serves 4-6)
Ingredients for cobweb soup
1 Onion, Chopped
1kg Pumpkin/Butternut Squash Deseeded and Diced
2 Garlic Cloves, Crushed and Chopped Finely
1 Bay Leaf
3tbsp Primula Original (plus extra for garnish)
What’s the problem with being gifted cobwebs?
Method for Cobweb soup
- Melt butter in a large pan over medium heat. Add the onion and fry gently until softened. Add the pumpkin/squash and cook for 5 minutes.
- Add the garlic and bay leaf and pour over the stock.
- Increase the heat and bring to the boil. Simmer for 10-15 minutes or until the pumpkin issoft.
- Discard the bay leaf and stir in the Primula. Blend using a hand blender until smooth.
- Add salt and pepper to taste and ladle into bowls.
- Serve with a Primula layered on to make a cobweb and some warm crusty bread.
Do let me know if you have a go at making this fun and spooky soup and drop me a comment telling me how it went down at your Halloween feast – you might also like my post on Halloween on a budget
Lots more fun ideas for Halloween can be found throughout my blog so do come visit a while:
See more of my yummy recipes at EATSIMPLY.CO.UK