Do you fancy some cobweb soup?
I love to make a fuss at Halloween and this fun and simple soup is just perfect for the occasion. It not only tastes delicious but it does absolutely look the part too
Cobweb Soup (Serves 4-6)
Ingredients for cobweb soup
1 Onion, Chopped
1kg Pumpkin/Butternut Squash Deseeded and Diced
2 Garlic Cloves, Crushed and Chopped Finely
1 Bay Leaf
3tbsp Primula Original (plus extra for garnish)
Method for Cobweb soup
- Melt butter in a large pan over medium heat. Add the onion and fry gently until softened. Add the pumpkin/squash and cook for 5 minutes.
- Add the garlic and bay leaf and pour over the stock.
- Increase the heat and bring to the boil. Simmer for 10-15 minutes or until the pumpkin issoft.
- Discard the bay leaf and stir in the Primula. Blend using a hand blender until smooth.
- Add salt and pepper to taste and ladle into bowls.
- Serve with a Primula layered on to make a cobweb and some warm crusty bread.
Do let me know if you have a go at making this fun and spooky soup and drop me a comment telling me how it went down at your Halloween feast – you might also like my post on Halloween on a budget
sEE MORE OF MY RECIPES AT EATSIMPLY.CO.UK