Do you want to know how I saved £108.50 this week?
I have had an absolutely awesome week full with a charity briefing, an award ceremony and a book launch! Let me tell you how I saved money this week
- I wanted something new to wear (but did not want to spend much) I picked up a lovely tip form the George sale for £5! bargain and I felt good. Saved me about £20 on my usual ‘new top ‘ purchase
- The charity I am supporting had just a limited budget for travel so with a time joggle I squeezed my train fares into their budget. Always worth looking at train times as a little jiggle with times can make a big difference. This saved me having to fork out about £30 of my own money.
- I have a bad habit of buying magazines at train stations. This time I planned ahead and downloaded a movie from Netflix to my ipPad ahead of time. Saved me about £4. Plus an I had a coffee BEFORE my trip at home and just took my own water bottle with me saving a further £3.
- I wanted to buy my friend some balloons for her book launch and was looking at a gorgeous congrats one for £8. The chap at the counter in Morrisons said we do have another range you know. £4.50 later I had 3 lovely helium balloons ready to go. A £3.50 saving.
- Last but not least my doctor subsidised a 2-month gym membership for me for £28 due to my health condition rather than £38 a month regular fee saving me a whopping £48. And I’ve been lots and loved it.
So a grand total of £108.50 in potential savings by ‘tweaking.’ Fabulous.
How has your week been?
The Frugal Things Linky
We would love you to join in with this linky by sharing what frugal and thrifty things you’ve been up to this week.
Please could let your readers know that you’re linking up with us by adding a little line to the bottom of your post like this one: