Oh my goodness this has been a very, very long week indeed but it has been a fruitful one with out of the box thinking to making and saving money.
Here ways I have made and saved this week
How out of the box thinking can save you money
- I have co-authored a book Create Your Own Happy that came out last month and I am really wanting to get it out there in the world. I have no personal monies for PR so am writing lots of informative guest posts to get it seen on other peoples blogs. This is a really effective way for me to advertise it that is also cost-free.
- I am also going to make a weekly series of happy vlogs which again will publicise the book at no extra cost. There is always a way! f I altready made a numb er of happiness vligs and i find it a fun thing to do soadouble win. You can subscribe to my youtube channel here
- My son is saving to go to Malawi with school to help build and fund the building, a classroom. The cost of his contribution to the project is £3500. A fortune. But, he has been working hard and I have been helping him to get this fundraising started. I have been selling littlest pet shop characters on eBay. One sold for £5 this week..who would have thought it..we have been donated a lot of these by a savvy friend! Could be a winner.
- We also did our first car boot sale of the year last week. He got up uber early and worked very hard but he was not a fan. I love the social side of car booting and the haggling. We raised a respectable £115.
- A few of the things we were given to car boot looked a little ‘too good. So I have been selling them off via Amazon and eBay instead. £17 for a Winston Churchill DVD! We have now raised £350 towards his trip in just 1 month with a little out of the box thinking. We are both delighted.
So a haggly/hardworking/out of the box thinking ways to make and save here. You just have to try things sometimes dont you even if your ideas are a tad off. How has your thrifty week been?
The Fabulously Frugal Things I’ve Done This Week Linky rules:
We’d love you to join in with us by sharing what frugal and thrifty things you’ve been up to this week – whether it’s an Instagram picture (#5frugalthings), a blog post or even a video. Just add your link to the linky at the bottom of this post.
You don’t have to share five things you’ve done, anything thrifty or frugal that you’ve been doing is perfect.
We’d like to make this a great little community linky so it would be brilliant if you could comment on a couple of the other blog posts linked up. We’ll make sure that we comment on all posts and if you have a Pinterest friendly image then we’ll Pin your post to one of our boards too.
You’re more than welcome to copy and paste the badge above but it would be even better if you could let your readers know that you’re linking up with us by adding a little line to the bottom of your post like this one: