Special Valentine’s Day on a Budget
I have been thinking about Valentines Day romance and wondering what I can do for my partner that’s cheap and cheerful but also thoughtful and romantic. I have already looked at how to have a romantic dinner on a budget
I have a few thoughts.
Special Valentine’s Day on a Budget – 10 top tips
1. Write your partner a love letter…costs nothing but can be kept for ever and comes form the heart
2. Dig out the old photo albums from when you first met and dedicate an hour on Valentines day to purely reminisce about when you fell in love
3. Start the day with bringing them breakfast in bed
4. Draw them a lovely bath and place some candles around it
5. Give them a lovely massage
6. Cook them a meal they love and their favourite ever pudding
7. Rent a romantic movie that you both love…and have a big blankie to hand for you both to snuggle under.
8. If you can’t afford a gift don’t worry but everyone loves a valentines card and you can always make one. Cards made with letters cut out of the newspaper look very cute.
9. Text them throughout the day with ‘I love you because…’ messages and pop a few messages on post its around the house too
10. Make sure you look your partner directly in the eye and tell them why they’re special to you .
So most of these are low key no cost ways to have a lovely time on Valentines day
Supplies for a Special Valentine’s Day on a Budget
All you need to purchase for this day of treats are:
- Their Favourite Pudding
- Massage Oil
Valentine’s Day on a Budget? – create a goodie basket!
For my Valentines goodie basket of profiteroles, vanilla candles and massage lotion actually Tesco turned out to be the cheapest store for this selection.
Oh and if anyone is interested I would be quite happy with some Valentine’s day chocolate for my Special Valentine’s Day on a Budget
Budget ways to inject the romance back in your life …..