There are lots of things you can do to ensure you get a great nights sleep. Here’s my top 10 thoughts on sleeping well.
- You may only be able to afford cheap beds or cheap mattresses but make sure you get the highest quality you can for your money. Checkout website like Dreams for some budget options that are still highest spec.
- Get what suits you- if you are tall or really sprawl out whilst you sleep there is no point at all buying a bed that is cheaper because it is smaller.
- Lavender oil drops in your bath before bed or on your pillow should help you relax into sleep
- Clean fresh sheets and PJ’s always work for me
- Having a bath before bed can really help me wind down
- Milky drinks (but not too many) help too and definitely switching to decaf.
Photo credit Naughty Architect
- I like a bedroom warm and cosy but also feeling fresh. Leaving the windows open for a short while during the day to vent the room works for me.
- I like a darkened room too but find what works for you best and change your room around and your lighting till it’s just right.
- Don’t go to sleep with the TV blaring. I’m convinced it makes your dreams way to action packed
- Try and go to bed and get up around the same time each day as this pattern is useful for your body to get into a good rhythm.
- If your partner snores get ear plugs..it really is that simple.
- Keep a glass of water by your bed..a quick sip is sometimes all you need to rehydrate you in the night,
- Don’t immerse yourself in an unputdownable book just before bed. Magazines of non fiction are easier to dip in and put down.
None of these ideas will cost you anything other thean a little time and a little effort…but think how BRILLIANT a good night’s sleep feels.