Home improvement wish list for 2019
I am so excited to share with you for home improvement wish list for 2019
What we love about our home
I do love our home.
It has so many great qualities. Location is key and we do live in a great location. Firstly it is just a 20-minute walk to the kid’s school. It is in a safe and leafy suburb and we are near to a lovely shopping area filed with great bars and restaurants. It is just a 10-minute drive to the countryside and we have beautiful parks and a gorgeous river and canal within easy walking distance. 10 minutes by bus and we are in a vibrant and culturally and historically rich city. We do live in a great place.
Our home also has a lot going for it – we have a long and grass filled garden. We have 2 reception rooms (one being the conservatory). We have a kitchen long enough for me to work in and for us all to eat in. We have 3 bedrooms and a good sized bathroom.
I was bought up in a 2 up 2 down terrace with a little backyard. I do realise that I have MUCH to be grateful for. I always think before you look at what you want to change you should start by acknowledging what is so good about what you have and saying thank you.
So thank you to my beautiful home for all you are.
What I would like to change/improve in our home this year
There are a number of things I would like to improve /change in our home over the next 12 months. Here are the top 10 (yes the list could go on!)
- I want to pave over our front garden – the grass has always looked unsightly and it is just totally wasted space. I need to cost this up.
- I want to install a doorbell- I miss the postie too many times I just think they look unsightly. Need to find a pretty one!
- I want to sort our porch step..it has had a cracked tile for as long as I remember. We need to replace that one tile or re-tile it all.
- We need to get the artex OFF the ceiling in the lounge.
- The whole house needs repainting. It is totally white and I love this as it does not have much light – but all the paint needs a refresh.
- A couple of the doors in our home no longer shut properly (teenagers hey!) I would really like these all to be fixed
- A few of the cupboards in our kitchen have wonky ill-fitting doors that could well do with replacing
- The garden needs a really good and professional makeover and redesign to make it the best it can possibly be.
- The bathroom cupboards and sink are in need of replacing
- The conservatory is a bit old and a bit ugly and could do with being bigger and more modern with a much nicer too. I actually think the whole thing could do with replacing.
This beautiful conservatory is by Three Counties to see more of their range Click Here
So wow- a long and possibly pretty expensive list of dream home improvements. I do think there are number we could tackle ourselves though.
I find it really helpful to think about what we are grateful for and what changes we would like to make – it makes our home improvements feel more like goals than a dream.
Do you have any home improvement goals for 2019?