I am sure you will have heard of Belling UK they have been making kitchen appliances for over a century and they are a much loved and respected UK company.
They have asked me to share one recipe that sums up my style, that says something about who I am.
Well this is me.
Scatty, frazzled and a bit slap dash. I do everything in a bit of a hurry and like to keep things as simple as possible. I hate waste. I love my family . Hence I blog about family budgeting and living life well on a budget!
One of my very favourite dishes to make is banana muffins. I have been making hese for YEARS! Goodness knows where I found or learned this recipe but they are a family staple and usually made on a Sunday when the kids are free to help
They are so speedy, they use up too ripe bananas ( as I say I hate waste) and they can be eaten on the run. My kids adore getting involved in the making of these which makes it so much more fun!
Such a simple bake but so delicious too. I have to confess I find these just so more-ish!
So here my recipe for Becky’s beautiful banana muffins (you can just call them Banana Muffins)
Ingredients – (makes 12)
200g plain flour
3 overripe bananas
1/2 tspn baking powder
1 tspn bicarbonate of soda
1/2 tspn ground cinnamon
150g caster sugar
A few drops of vanilla essence
- Preheat the oven to 180 C
- Fill your muffin tin with paper cases (kids love to do this
- Sift together the flour, baking powder, bicarbonate of soda and the cinnamon
- Mash bananas and butter, egg, and sugar in a separate bowl
- Fold in the flour mix from the first bowl slowly then cream together
- Fill the paper cases half way
- Bake for for 25 minutes until a knife inserted comes out clean.
Simple fun and fabulous – just my style and just the way I like everything really!