What kind of floooring do you have in your home?
When it comes to home design, laminate flooring is always a very popular option and in our house the majority of flooring is laminate.
There are many benefits to laminate flooring and for a home on a budget it is an exciting and cost effective option. Let me tell you what I think is so speical about it and why it is just the perfect flooring for a family on a budget. Here are my top 10 reasons for liking laminate (but actualy it would be really easy to find more!)
1) Laminate is super easy to clean – just a sweep and a mop once in a while will keep it looking good for ages and unlike carpets you will not be battling endless stains. Oh and ineveitably kids do make stains don’t they – they drop things like paint and mud and half their dinner, laminate deals with all this realy well.
2) Laminate flooring is made to look like real wood or stone but unlike it’s counterparts it is much less expensive which enables you to change it more often and to make more savings! Low maintenance is really important in family life.
3) A huge array of options are avilable in laminate and you really will be spoilt for choice. Personally I love the pale grey laminate and the oak effect.
4) Laminate is extremly easy to lay using an easy click installation method. This means the planks simply fit together like a jigsaw without the need for any glues or joinery. This makes it cheaper in terms of labour or you can probably even DIY.
5) Unlike real wood, laminate floors are not responsive to temperature changes. This means they are totally safe to lay in conservatories, wet rooms and utility rooms that could impact other flooring.
6) Laminate flooring is also super hard wearing which is VERY important when you dance in your kitchen or your kids go bouncing about the house or clatter about with their footie boots on!Hard wearing is a very good thing when you have kids!
7) Laminate flooring works well with underfloor heating too so it can be a really practical addition to your home too making it lovely and modern and cosy.
8) Laminate flooring will not fade in the sunlight like carpets or hardwood flooring may so again it retains it’s value and longetivty as well as it’s appearance. This is a huge plus.
9) Laminte flooring will not need staining or waxing unlike real wood floors so will save you on time, effort and energy. Now i think that is something every parents wants to save!
10) Laminate flooring is really scratch resistant too which means it will look good for a long time rather than scuffed and worn. It is really well suited to modern homes that like a clean and seamless look.
So there you go, 10 fabulous benefits to laminate flooring which make it an excellent choice for families on a budget – it really is the perfect choice.