PriceRunner the UK’s leading independent price comparison site has revealed how you can save up to £150 on leading brands as well as the best time to buy white goods.
Spending more time at home over the past few months has led to many more people tackling DIY home improvements.
If you have you decided to do an update, a little research before any sudden purchases could save you hundreds of pounds. and turn you into a savvy shopper.
Let me explain.
The BEST time to buy White Goods
Using in-depth data analysis on the most popular white goods across a host of retailers, PriceRunner have found homeowners can save up to £150 on identical Washing Machines, Tumble Dryers, Fridge Freezers, Fridges and Dishwashers.
Isn’t that just brilliant! With the recent news that the UK is officially in a recession, making savings is more important than ever.
You can save hundreds by shopping at the right time
The below is rather shocking but actually really good news.
PriceRunner reveals the average difference in the highest and lowest price on identical products to highlight the savings you can make if you do your research and buy at the right time:
- Washing Machines – 28%, average price difference = £100
- Tumble Dryer – 20%, price difference = £70
- Fridge Freezers – 26%, price difference = £145
- Fridge – 37%, price difference = £150
- Dishwashers – 37%, price difference = £150
With an average 20–30% saving on identical products, price difference based on average of savings on top 50 most popular products in each specific category
When is really the best time to buy new white goods?
- Washing Machines: August, at the moment 25 out of 50 of the most popular machines have prices lower than the average price. If you wait until the Black Friday sale then you will get a second chance to get a great price. September and October are more expensive than average – so wait if you can.
- Tumble Dryer: Prices are currently higher than average, with price history showing that December, January, and February are the cheapest month to by a tumble dryer.
- Fridge Freezers: The best prices are during Black Friday and Boxing Day sales. In August, 17 out of the 50 most popular fridge freezers have prices lower than the average. September and October and the most expensive months and prices are increased up to Black Friday.
- Fridge: Avoid purchasing a new model in the summer if you are looking to get the best price, as there is a higher than average price and only 10 out of the 50 most popular products have a price lower than average, meaning you will get less choice. December and January are the best months to buy a fridge.
- Dishwashers: Prices have increased and are currently higher than average, which may be due to high demand and low supply. Only 4 out of 50 of the most popular products have a price lower than average. The same time last year, this was the opposite with very low prices. Extra meals to prepare and cook could be the reason behind the increased demand, in a bid to save time on washing up. September, October, November and December are great for buying dishwashers – in particular November and December when almost all of the 50 most popular machines have a price lower than average. Avoid purchasing in Spring as price history insights show that costs are high.
Consumer Expert at PriceRunner, Anna Lavfors share her insights into the best time to buy white goods
“PriceRunners analysis shows that there are periods of the year when you should buy white goods, but that the right time differs depending on what product we are buying.
Our numbers show that there is not one certain time of the year when you can always find a great deal. It all depends on what kind of white goods you are looking for. That’s why it’s so important to always research and compare prices before you buy. Comparing prices online takes seconds. And when it comes to white goods, at the moment you can save on average £100 to £150.
Our numbers show that it will literally be worth your time to compare first.
PriceRunner comparison insights show that bargains can be found any time of year, but Black Friday remains a great time to find the best deals, so if possible, hold on to your shopping! It will pay off to plan in advance so that you are ready when the deals pop up.”
So what you waiting for! Always compare !
You can browse the latest deals and offers at Pricerunner.com plus set up price alerts to receive notifications when prices drop or your target price has been reached; PriceRunner will help you to quickly become an expert savvy shopper, finding the best products at the best prices.
I hope you have found this post on the best time to buy white goods useful.
The BEST time to buy White Goods is a collaborative post