Oh, the weeks buzz by don’t they and I have so many projects on the go really its getting a tad ridiculous even by manic multi-tasking standards.
But my eye has, as usual, been on money saving and these are a few ways I have saved and it is time to reflect.
1. I want to buy my son a phone and in the past, he has always inherited mine but this time my daughter did (he didn’t like the pink!) I had no clue where to look for I asked my facebook friends who were a font of knowledge and I am exploring my options!
2. I am writing a novel and I had slipped into the habit of writing it in cafes which inevitably costs me money. I have decided just moving rooms at home has the same ‘change of scene’ effect and my own coffee is much cheaper and I don’t have to pay to park.
3. For the last however many years for my daughters birthday, we have had a full class swim party for 30 with food party bags etc…a small fortune. This year she has pals camping in the garden instead and homemade pizzas. So much cheaper!
4. I have stopped myself from buying a new car this week despite getting ridiculously obsessed with the idea of a Beetle convertible. I can’t afford it and that is that.
5. I have turned down a BIG party because I want a new table and chairs for the garden. Sometimes you have to make tough choices and its okay. The party will come again next year
Frugal Friday Linky
We would love you to join in with this linky by sharing what frugal and thrifty things you’ve been up to this week (or anytime!)
Please could let your readers know that you’re linking up with us by adding a little line to the bottom of your post like this one:
I’m linking up with
Becky in this week’s Frugal Friday linky.