What do children want most from a holiday
Booking.com has just announced the findings of a global survey of over 22,500 children aged 5-15 years old to find out exactly what makes their family holidays amazing.
I think you will be surprised at the results.
From fast Wi-Fi and the chance to take cool social media photos, to bouncy beds and staying up late, children from around the world stated exactly what mattered most to them on their travels.
For me it would have to be comfort I think what about you? But then again I am 45, not 15!
Here are the results:
- 89% of 12-15 year olds prioritised a strong Wi-Fi connection as essential (that doesn’t shock me to be honest!)
- Having the chance to take cool photos for social media was important for nearly half (44%) (now I do think that is a tad sad!)
- Staying near a pool/water slides (73%) or beach (58%) are the top 2 priorities for 5-11 year olds (i understand that!)
- One in five 5-11 year olds look to stay somewhere with a room bigger than they have at home (24%) and with bouncy beds (22%), (oh yes, this works for me too
- One in ten (10%) 5-11 year olds expect holiday staff to be good at telling jokes
For me as a family budgeting blog THIS was the most interesting result of the survey
- The UK was rated the best place to find historical sites such as castles and museums, so you can educate your children even outside of school hours!
This is a great reason to have a staycation don’t you think!
My kids love visiting castles so the UK is a great place for us during the holidays and some of the museums in the UK are just awesome. We like Ripleys and the Black Country Living Museum best of all.
What do your kids want most from a holiday?
collaborative post – you might also like my post on ripleys