Are you loking for ways to stop your child pestering you in shops
ways to stop your child pestering you in shops
- Don’t give in to pester power…not ever, not once. Or you will get it again and again and again. Once a child knows something works….
- From the start if your child likes to collect things like stickers in books only let it be one thing at a time. Be very clear about when and how they get their stickers. It can get to the point where every co-op checkout is a minefield of negotiation.
- Don’t take your child shopping if at all possible. It’s not much fun for kids and it is so much easier without them!
- Give your child a job to do whilst you are in a shop whether it is holding the shopping list, finding something specific. Keeping a running total of what you spend or even pushing their dolly. No matter what their age kids can pester. Distract them
- Tell your child before you go into a shop what you intend to buy. Tell them no sweets/magazines etc. if that’s what they are likely to ask for you then don’t need to have that conversation once in the shop (though you probably will.)
Oh and if they start pestering you about Christmas anytime soon tell them to write it down because your memory is rubbish. It’s great handwriting practice. If they can’t yet write tell them to whisper it to their toys who’ll pass it on to Santa. Should keep them busy
Do you have any tips on how to stop a child pestering you in shops?
You might also like my post on tips to save you a fortune when shopping