Ever wondered about the reasons why people change their name? it seems such a big thing to do and hugely expensive right? Well actually no, its ‘s inexpensive and really very straightforward and you can actually do it as many times as you like. But I really don’t think I know anyone who has changed their name. by deedpoll do you?
So why would I change my name by deedpoll ?
These are some of the main reasons why people change their name:
1. They don’t like their name and want to choose a new one for themselves
2 Someone famous/infamus that they really don’t won’t to be associated with has the same name e.g Fred West
3. After adoption a child’s name maybe changed to fit with their current family or to stop them being easily identified.
4. After divorce I have known children take on the other parents surname
5. Change of identity e.g transgender. Bruce to Kaitlin for example.
6. Wanting to be incognito (after a prison sentence/ after a domestic violence experience)
7. Same gender partners sharing a surname
8. Couples wanting to join their names together and have both their last names as one joined up last name.
9. Simply fancy a new start in life
10. Really want to embrace their cultural past. I had a friend whose family changed their name during the holocaust and she wants to change her surname back.
Changing names is simple and can be really inexpensive just have a look here. The reasons behind doing so are in contrast often rather huge and complicated!