Ingredients for Avocado Rocky Road
Avocado Rocky Road Brownie:
110g dark chocolate, chopped
2 eggs, lightly beaten
60g caster sugar
10g cocoa powder, unsweetened
25g ground almonds
1 tsp vanilla extract
100g cocoa powder, unsweetened
150g maple syrup pinch of salt
Additional – Avocado Rocky Road
10g rice krispies
2 double deckers
1. Preheat oven to 180 degrees C (160 degrees fan). Grease the baking tin well with cooking spray
2. Melt the chocolate over a double boiler with two inches level of simmering water (the bottom of the bowl must not touch the water). You may use a microwave to melt the chocolate in 10 second bursts and stirring in between till melted. Set aside.
3. Place sugar and eggs in the stand mixer bowl and whisk on medium speed till light and fluffy for approx. 5 minutes
4. Stir the cocoa, almonds, vanilla and avocado into the melted chocolate and then add the mixture to the eggs and sugar and whisk till you reach a smooth batter
5. Pour batter into the greased tin and smooth over to level. Bake for 15-20 minutes.
6. Let cool completely in the tin before releasing and cutting into 20 squares
7. Place all ingredients in a blender or food processor and blix, scraping down the sides of the bowl with a rubber spatula to combine well. Mix till smooth and glossy
8. Chop the Double Deckers and melt over a double boiler, stirring well. Line a baking tray with parchment paper and transfer the melted Double Decker mix into the middle. Place another parchment paper over the mix and flatten with a rolling pin to 1-2mm thickness. Place in fridge to set.
9. Prepare a piping bag with a small closed star tip and fill it with the frosting. Pipe the frosting along the edges of each brownie square with even pressure and flood into the middle.
10. Break off shards from the set Double Decker brittle and place a few atop each brownie. Sprinkle over raspberry powder and crushed rice krispies
You might also like this post on cheap desserts