Shopitize, the cashback shopping app, has put together some simple, tasty, low-cost Halloween treats to make for the kids. These are just a brilliant way to have a great, fun, memorable Halloween without spending lots of money on something that only happens once a year.
I just love these ideas, they are both inexpensive AND healthy, so the kids won’t be on a sugar rush!
Easy & Healthy Halloween Snack Ideas
- Miniature Edible Pumpkins – simply peel a small, juicy clementine, chop up some celery and place the celery stalk into the top of the clementine for a healthy pumpkin snack. (what a super cool idea!)
- Peanut Butter and Jelly Ghost Sandwiches – Spread a generous helping of peanut butter and jelly onto a slice of bread. Clamp the two slices together and cut out a ghost shape using free-hand or a ghost cookie cutter. Pop two raisins in for eyes and you have, one scary sandwich!
- Banana and Chocolate Ghosts – Cut a banana in half and peel the skin off. Add in two chocolate drops as eyes for a sweet spooky treat.
- Bulging Bloodshot Eyeballs – Peel the wax off two Babybels and spread with strawberry and jam and two half olives for these creepy cheesy snacks.(disgusting!)
- Witches’ Broomsticks – Cut off a piece of cheese string and poke a twiglet into the bottom of the cheese. Slice the other end into thin flaps to create a fanned broom effect.
Aren’t they all just brilliant!
See just how speedy and simple they are too….
Healthy Halloween Snack Ideas
If you havent come across Shopitize it is well worth taking a look at how it can help you save just by using your smartphone when you shop. BasicallyShopitize is an independent, rewards app that helps shoppers earn money by simply uploading photos of their supermarket receipts to earn cash back and rewards.
To download the Shopitize app and save money of your weekly supermarket shop, visit the app store https://itunes.apple.com/gb/app/shopitize-supermarket-offers or Google Play https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.shopitize.shopper&hl=en_GB
Take a look at this video for a simple explanation of how it works. Such an ease way to save money!
If you are looking for some fun Halloween crafts to go alongside your snacks take a look here