Each week I try and be smart about money and here are some of the regular money habits that keep me thrifty
Money habits that keep me thrifty
1. When people look back over a week do they think how they have felt during that week or do they think about the things they have done? Personally, I do both of these things but I also look back on my achievements and my spending. Looking at my achievements helps me stay positive and reflecting on my spending keeps me on track!
2. I check my bank account online daily. It only takes a moment but lets me spot anything untoward and just keep tabs on myself really. It is so easy for things to slip through the net.
3. I take cash out on a Monday and then I try very hard not to use my card. I feel so much more accountable somehow with cash. I count it our I suppose just sliding my card on top of a machine does not feel real in the way cash does.
4. I give my kids pocket money. And then they buy their own magazines whatever so I do not keep putting my hands in my pocket for them. I am sure I am better off doing this but I also think it is teaching them to budget whilst they are young
5. I meal plan so I get everything we need in our weekly shop. Popping to small local stores ALWAYS costs more as I pick up all sorts of extras I don’t need and of course, the prices are higher. Meal planning keeps me on track and out of these local smaller supermarkets and shops.
So these are my weekly money habits. Do you have regular money habits that keep you thrifty? If you do please share. I love to take inspiration from savvy money savers.
How’s your week been money wise?
The Frugal Things Linky
We would love you to join in with this linky by sharing what frugal and thrifty things you’ve been up to this week.
Please could let your readers know that you’re linking up with us by adding a little line to the bottom of your post like this one:
I do hope you have enjoyed this post on the money habits that keep me thrifty . You might also like my post on small business ideas worth exploring