Oh, we can spend just so much on holidays can’t we and then spend the rest of the year paying them off.
But, we really don’t have to – budget holidays are possible and there are lots of ways to save. I have been reflecting on our summer plans and these are my 5 frugal thoughts in relation to what might be getting up to hope these tips inspire you!
1) Ask a friend if they want a visit (preferably one who lives somewhere interesting!)
2) If your brood is too book to descend on someone for a visit how about offering to house sit for a friend whilst they go away
3) Youth hostels are often fabulous and you can get inexpensive family rooms these days too
4) What about camping? Once you have invested in the stuff you need you can pretty much take off when you like and it is still a really cheap option
5) How about staycationing and exploring your home ground but differently. I bet there are so many fascinating nooks and crannies in your local vicinity that have passed you right by. Ask your friends and neighbours for recommendations and save A LOT OF MONEY by staying home.
The Fabulously Frugal Things I’ve Done This Week Linky rules:
We’d love you to join in with us by sharing what frugal and thrifty things you’ve been up to this week – whether it’s an Instagram picture (#5frugalthings), a blog post or even a video. Just add your link to the linky at the bottom of this post.
You don’t have to share five things you’ve done, anything thrifty or frugal that you’ve been doing is perfect.
We’d like to make this a great little community linky so it would be brilliant if you could comment on a couple of the other blog posts linked up. We’ll make sure that we comment on all posts and if you have a Pinterest friendly image then we’ll Pin your post to one of our boards too.
You’re more than welcome to copy and paste the badge above but it would be even better if you could let your readers know that you’re linking up with us by adding a little line to the bottom of your post like this one:
So how frugal have you been this week?