5 tiny frugal things
Oh I have paid out a lot of money this week on school trips and tennis and a broken toilet. I needed to claw it back where I could. Here are 5 teeny, tiny frugal things I have done this week to try and combat my outgoings.
1. I left the car at home and walked to my local shops this saved me £1.50. I also didn’t buy so much because I knew I wouldn’t be be able to carry it.
2. I needed to replace snacks for the kids packed luches so we made brownies from the panty rather than taking a trip to the shop.
3. It is my friends birthday today. I decided to give her an inexpensive bunch of daffs and a homemade card so I could afford to go celebrate with her. I will also pass on a book I have loved.
4. The kids wanted to rent a movie and I made them search through our DVD collection instead. All good.
5. Despite being uber late with the Christmas thankyou cards. I mean really – it is Feb!! I still bought second hand stamps.
Small wins do add up. It is all about choices. That’s what life is made up of too right?
The Fabulously Frugal Things I’ve Done This Week Linky rules:
We’d love you to join in with us by sharing what frugal and thrifty things you’ve been up to this week – whether it’s an Instagram picture (#5frugalthings), a blog post or even a video. Just add your link to the linky at the bottom of this post.
You don’t have to share five things you’ve done, anything thrifty or frugal that you’ve been doing is perfect.
We’d like to make this a great little community linky so it would be brilliant if you could comment on a couple of the other blog posts linked up. We’ll make sure that we comment on all posts and if you have a Pinterest friendly image then we’ll Pin your post to one of our boards too.
You’re more than welcome to copy and paste the badge above but it would be even better if you could let your readers know that you’re linking up with us by adding a little line to the bottom of your post like this one:
So how frugal have you been this week?