Mecca challenged me to come up with some long forgotten childhood memories…here goes!
1. Name your group of best friends during school – are you still friends?
My best friends at school were Helen, Zelga, Naomi, Jo, Mel and Dave Bens. Still in touch with all of them and Dave gave me away when I got married. Would do anything for any of them and love them with all my heart.
2. What would your typical weekend look like as a teenager?
We would go to my granny’s in the day (as she was disabled and lived in a bed in the lounge) and then at night I would go with my firiends to our local pub the TBI and then we would go into town to dance to the Irish Club.
Oh it was all such fun.
3. At 14, what did you want to be when you were older? What do you do for a living now?
I wanted to change the world somehow and I became a social worker. Now I am a writer but still want to make a difference just want ot be at home around the kids right now.
4. What artists/bands did you love as a teenager?
I loved U2 and Lloyd Cole and The Cure but in ymy younger teen years (bnefore I was cool I really liked Wham!
5. Who was your first celebrity crush?
River Phoenix. He was a dedicated animal rights, environmental and political activist. He was beautiful…a life long vegan and committed to his cause. He was a wonderful actor. He died so young and remember I cried my eyes out!
6. What was your favourite film? Is it still your favourite?
I loved Pretty in Pink – no longer my favourite but I do love it
7. What were your hobbies as a teenager?
I rode horses for hours and hours and hours and I read avidly
8. Growing up, who were your inspirations? Has this changed and why?
I loved John Lennon and I am still massively impressed with people like Rosa parks ordinary people who make a huge difference by speaking up.
9. What is your biggest regret?
That I let people stay in my life and friendship circle that made me feel a bit rubbish I wish I had been a bit more assertive.
10. What advice would you give your 16 year old self?
To relax and save my tears…. boys come and go AND never EVER to start smoking.
Thanks to Mecca Bingo for this memory challenge