Let me tell you about my money-saving week – I have been trying uber hard to save money in every way possible recently and Christmas is very much on my mind.
1. I went to the Shomos (the money bloggers awards and conference) in London this past weekend. I love a magazine on a train journey but instead, I downloaded a film for free from Netflix on my iPad and avoided spending on magazines. A small win but satisfying. A £3 saving
2. I also encouraged my other half to collect me from the station rather than getting a taxi even though this meant waiting a small while- always worth it. A £6 saving
3. I have seen no less than 3 friends for a quick coffee this week. This would normally cost me parking and a coffee shop coffee but instead, I invited them to mine, saving me at least £12
4. I accepted some extra work this week which I really didn’t have time for and just got up earlier at 5 instead of 6. It all helps – making an extra £150
5. I avoided the shops as far as possible and got my OH to get the bread and milk we needed it. He is far more focused than me and doesn’t get shopping happy as I do. Saving £10
So a good week of savings and some useful extra money made. Oh am I have been thinking about making my own Christmas decs have a peek her for my tips for making a festive wreath
How has your week been?
The Fabulously Frugal Things I’ve Done This Week Linky rules:
We’d love you to join in with us by sharing what frugal and thrifty things you’ve been up to this week – whether it’s an Instagram picture (#5frugalthings), a blog post or even a video. Just add your link to the linky at the bottom of this post.
You don’t have to share five things you’ve done, anything thrifty or frugal that you’ve been doing is perfect.
We’d like to make this a great little community linky so it would be brilliant if you could comment on a couple of the other blog posts linked up. We’ll make sure that we comment on all posts and if you have a Pinterest friendly image then we’ll Pin your post to one of our boards too.
Please let your readers know that you’re linking up with us by adding a little line to the bottom of your post like this one: I’m linking up with Cass Emma and Becky in this week’s Five Fabulously Frugal things I’ve done this week linky.
I do hope you enjoyed reading o about my money-ssaving week