I just had to share my easy vegan scones recipe (s-gone) I love their warm home-baked, grandma infused smell and the way the butter and jam just ooze if you spread them when the scones are warm. Gorgeous, delightful and smell of home.
Here is how I bake them – simple, easy and speedy quick and they simply go down a treat.
Ingredients for easy vegan scones
Serves: 6-8 scones
225g self raising flour
50g vegan butter,
pinch of salt
125ml almond milk
25g caster sugar
(Optional: 50g sultanas or other dried fruit)
How to make this easy vegan scones recipe:
1. Preheat oven to 220 degrees C/ gas mark 7. Grease a baking
2. Put the flour and salt in a mixing bowl. Add the butter.
3. Using your fingers rub the mixture until it looks like looks like breadcrumbs.
4. Stir in the sugar.
5. Add the optional dried fruit and mix it in.
6. Add milk to the mixture and bind it all together.
7. Knead the mixture until you have a firm (ish) dough.
8. Roll out the dough until it is about 2 cms thick.
9. Cut out shapes with a round cookie cutter or small cup rim
10. Put the vegan scones on a baking tray, brush them with milk and cook them for 15 minutes (but keep checking!)
11. Cool and serve your scones with jam and cream.
let me know if you try either of them out – I do love to hear from you. Simply drop me a comment below.
Check out the vegan society if you want to learn more about being vegan and how you can embrace this as a family and still make it a full and super tasty experience. You might also like my post on more plant based snacks