Very easy shortbread recipe
This very easy shortbread recipe will stand you in good stead for last-minute sweet treats and birthday gifts. It has just 3 ingredients and is a speedy and simple easy shortbread recipe / bake and is perfect for the most inexperienced of bakers. A bit of cellophane and a ribbon make this a gorgeous gift or present when you are out visiting.
You ned only the very simplest of ingredients
Ingredients for this speedy shortbread
- 250g/8 oz Butter
- 125g/4 oz Caster Sugar
- 375g/12 oz Plain flour
Very Easy Shortbread Recipe:
Oh this is all so simple!
Preheat your oven to 190C/375F/Gas 5.
- Beat the butter and the sugar together until smooth with a wooden spoon, make sure there are no lumps and bumps!
- Stir in the flour till you have a nice smooth consistency
- Add a handful of chocolate chips or 1 tablespoon finely grated orange peel if you want a variation on flavour
- Roll out then lift onto a greased baking dish
- Bake in the oven for 25 minutes, or until pale golden-brown.
- Prick all over with a fork and cut into slices
- Set aside to cool on a wire rack
- Sprinkle with sugar
- Cut into chunks/slices
- Munch or give as a gift (I like to do both!)
Do let me know how you get on with this speedy shortbread
I do hope you enjoy this very easy shortbread recipe! Let me know how you get on making it in the comments below.
I do hope you have enjoyed this speedy shortbread recipe