5 frugal days out in Wales
Wales is the most beautiful country. I literally catch my breath every single time we go there. I am so excited to share with you some fabulous and frugal things to do in Wales as it really is a special place to visit!
- Waterfalls abound in Wales and the very tallest is even bigger than Niagra Falls! Pistyll Rhaeadr, is the highest single drop waterfall in the UK and it is on the River Rhaeadr near Llanrhaeadr in the Berwyn Mountains There is a car park from which there is a short walk to the base of the waterfall or you can climb 20 minutes to the top of it. There is a sweet little tearoom under the waterfalls and gorgeous walks in the surrounding area, take your camera.
- Cardiff Castle is a must visit. It is absolutely stunning and has been around for 2000 years! It has Roman walls, wartime tunnels and lots of interactive exhibits to keep the kids happy. There is so much to see and do you can easily spend a day there and it is great value for money.
- How about heading to the Lleyn Peninsula and visit the Llanberis slate museum which is free. For a few pounds take a trip around the lake on the steam train too…a very Welsh experience!
- The beaches in Wales are diverse and lovely. We adore Llandudno’s beautiful seafront, with a pier, Punch and Judy and a gorgeous beach. Grab a bag of chips and it’s perfect!
- For literary lovers, a trip to Laugharne is a must and the boathouse where Dylan lived is just lovely and now a museum full of memorabilia. The little shed whee he would write is juts gorgeous, set on the cliff top over the Taf Estuary. I remember visiting her as a child and being so inspired. How I would love a writing shed like that!
I could go on and on. Wales is huge and diverse and steeped in history culture and legened. It is full of hills, mountains and valleys exiting cities, beautiful beaches and fabulous family attractons. There are a myriad of fabulous Wales Cottage Holidays you can choose from to create a lovely base for your frugal days out in Wales.
If you know of any fabulous thrifty and frugal things to do in Wales do let me know in the comments below – I love to hear about your frugal finds.
The Fabulously Frugal Things I’ve Done This Week Linky rules:
We’d love you to join in with us by sharing what frugal and thrifty things you’ve been up to this week – whether it’s an Instagram picture (#5frugalthings), a blog post or even a video. Just add your link to the linky at the bottom of this post.
You don’t have to share five things you’ve done, anything thrifty or frugal that you’ve been doing is perfect.
We’d like to make this a great little community linky so it would be brilliant if you could comment on a couple of the other blog posts linked up. We’ll make sure that we comment on all posts and if you have a Pinterest friendly image then we’ll Pin your post to one of our boards too.
You’re more than welcome to copy and paste the badge above but it would be even better if you could let your readers know that you’re linking up with us by adding a little line to the bottom of your post like this one:
So how frugal have you been this week?