Sometimes it can all just get a bit too much can’t it. You feel overwhelmed and your chores are just mounting up.
The problem with laundry
Laundry often causes me overwhelm.
There are a couple of trigger times where I really just cannot face it, these include:
- The end of term when PE kits and uniforms bits and bobs, as well as coats and trainers all land in a big heap in front of my washing machine
- After a holiday – and particularly after a holiday when we have camped and it has rained- oh my! Or where we have all been away and taken towels too and everything has sunscreen on it.
- After a very muddy football match/rugby match
It can feel like I will be washing and drying and folding forever and it is just not much fun.
I do have a couple of laundry hacks up my sleeve though.
- I insist unless dirty that jeans and hoodies are worn for at least 3 occasions before being washed. I found my kids were just throwing something in the wash after half an hour.
- I ensure my kids are involved with their laundry, taking it in turns to bring a load downstairs, sorting the coloured and whites as they go. I also have them put away their own piles. This teaches them not to create too much!
- I use a good powder and conditioner so I get optimum cleaning.
- I have a routine..a load goes on every morning before we leave the house so it never gets TOO out of hand (well only sometimes)
- I do use my dryer ( especially in winter) because time is not my friend. Sometimes though I neglect my laundry and when I finally get to it it is really wrinkled. To redeem this all you have to do is chuck a couple ice cubes into the dryer and turn it on for 20 minutes. The ice cubes will then melt and the little bit of water mixed with the hot air will banish the wrinkles.
When it all gets too much sometimes we need to just have a big sigh and make some contingency plans!
Have you heard of Laundryheap?
Laundryheap is a great service for busy parents and oh my goodness how it would make doing chores easier: They come to you and pick up your washing, ironing and dry cleaning. They do it and then bring it back. They are the only major on-demand laundry company that offers same-day collection and delivery within 24 hours as a standard service.
So simple it’s like magic. It not only saves you time it is also really convenient, you don’t have to leave the house. A standard service wash service starts from just £14 and booking could not be easier. Consumers can book a collection on the go, by logging onto the website or the mobile app.
They are currently based in London, but their services are available in London, Manchester, Coventry, Birmingham, Dublin, Dubai, Sharjah and Amsterdam.
Doesn’t that sound just the most perfect of laundry hacks for when we are uber busy and need a quick turnaround!
I’d love to hear your laundry hacks please leave me a comment!
Pin for later …