This week has been half term in Nottingham and due to a series of unforseen circumstaces money has been really pretty tight.
So how have I still made it magical for my kids?
1) We have made vegan icecream from things we already had in the house
2) We also had a go atmaking DIY air freshener from wooden blocks (my two love to get creative)
3) They spent thaday hanging out with their cousins just playing which always makes them happy
4) We have upped the playdates (only costs me beans on toast)
5) We hit the Oxfam bookshop and bought a pile of cheap second hand books (the library would have been even cheaper)
So this is how I do it, by keeping it simple and creative and just accepting that sometimes Life, damn life just gives you a bit of massive punch out of nowhere, your circumstances change and you have to adapt.
I can adapt.
I have done it before and I can do it again.
The Fabulously Frugal Things I’ve Done This Week Linky rules:
We’d love you to join in with us by sharing what frugal and thrifty things you’ve been up to this week – whether it’s an Instagram picture (#5frugalthings), a blog post or even a video. Just add your link to the linky at the bottom of this post.
You don’t have to share five things you’ve done, anything thrifty or frugal that you’ve been doing is perfect.
We’d like to make this a great little community linky so it would be brilliant if you could comment on a couple of the other blog posts linked up. We’ll make sure that we comment on all posts and if you have a Pinterest friendly image then we’ll Pin your post to one of our boards too.
You’re more than welcome to copy and paste the badge above but it would be even better if you could let your readers know that you’re linking up with us by adding a little line to the bottom of your post like this one:
So how frugal have you been this week?