Here are my top 10 money saving resolutions for New Year.
If like me, despite your very best intentions you overspent on Christmas these may well help you out with your budgeting .
Top 10 Money Saving Resolutions for New Year
1. Write a meal plan. shop to the meal plan to avoid food waste! I like to write it up on my fridge to keep me on track.
3. Use sites like flubit if time short to find you a better deal for you instead of having to look yourself. Simply enter the URL of the product you have found and they will find you a better deal.
4. Keep life simple, sell on old mobile phones, cameras, camcorder you do not need 2 of everything it creates clutter and instead you can release cash. Sites like music magpie, amazon and eBay are all well worth spending time learning how to use learning about finance is not as daunting as you think and can be fruitful…why not check out a trading platform or an ISA…find what works for you.
5. Get yourself a journal or notebook that is dedicated to your finances. Scraps of paper here and there don’t give it the priority it is worth. I really like the budget book from organised mum, as it has pockets for receipts and handy lists too. you might like a spread sheet or a simple ruled notebook. My mum used to use her filofax. Whatever works but do dedicate an area to recording your finances and keep it about you.
Money saving resolutions for new year are all very simple – make yourself a tick list!
Even more Money Saving Resolutions for New Year
6. Write down all your monthly incoming money, write down all your outgoing essentials. What is left is your money to spend. Pay towards debts and ave a little first then allocate the rest. This will keep you in line. Check this regularly and update it.
7. Allocate a set time to money sorting perhaps 15 minutes each week. Diary this in so you ensure it happens. Use it to check your expenditure and deals with any bills.
8. Learn the art of saying NO. ( I have written about the art of assertively saying no before ) it can save you a fortune!
9. Alter the simple things e.g cancel your newspapers and catch up online instead and why not buy one cup coffee filters and a reusable l cup to save you a fortune on a ‘nice’ coffee on the go.
10. Last but not least remember that joy is found more in experiences than it is in possessions so long walks in crisp air, listening to music, a shared homemade pizza with friends will all bring you much more joy than a new top from the sales!
Have a great New Year, be orgainsed, prepared and keep it simple and your budget should stay on track.
Do you have any money saving resolutions for New Year?
Further reading on Money Saving Resolutions for New Year
Top 10 Money Saving Resolutions for New Year is a collaborative post you might also like my post on