Hi, everyone how has your week been – Ive been living a bit unfrugally here
Well, it is party central here as my beautiful girl is 12 today.
I could tell you I had been really thrifty with her birthday gifts but I’d be totally lying. I am a bit rubbish at budgeting when it comes to my kids birthday truth be told.
We did say though no full class swim party this year and just stuff at home so she took it upon herself (I kid you not) to organise 3 at home m parties…a murder mystery, a vintage tea party and 5 kids sleeping in tents in the gardens. My mind boggles at how much food and prep it will involve from me. I am feeling tired already. I don’t think she quite knew what she was getting us into with this one. Next year I will be a lot clearer.
Anyway onto my budgeting week (which does not include the birthday!)
1. I have a budgeting project in the pipeline to have people everywhere thinking /talking a little bit more easily about money – watch this space!
2. I have made a small investment into some camping gear. We have had out big holdiay thsi tear but I think over the 6 weeks holiday we need another one and camping has to be ne of the cheapest of options.
3. My son saw a book he really liked in Waterstones but it was £25. I really wanted him to have it for his birthday (next week!) and yet that seemed v pricey. It rocked up on Amazon at £11.99 – huge saving! I love to support the high street and am a big believer in keeping book shops alive but that is one big saving that I needed to make. So not too unfrugally!
4. I made a few birthday cards this week again – it is my staple way to make quick savings and I do love a bit of creativity,
5. I have been using up our leftover bits and bobs from the freezer and I made a really lovely frittata out of bits and bobs we had left (you can see my usual frittata recipe here.
I feel I should sign this off unfrugally yours, Becky ( but I did get some wins in there I think!)
How’s your week been?
Frugal Friday Linky
We would love you to join in with this linky by sharing what frugal and thrifty things you’ve been up to this week (or anytime!)
Please could let your readers know that you’re linking up with us by adding a little line to the bottom of your post like this one:
I’m linking up with
Becky in this week’s Frugal Friday linky.