I am going to share with you 25 ways in which you really can have a fabulous bathroom on a budget.
Lovely homes really do not need to cost a lot of money. What they do require is thought and some good decisions.
Throwing money at a room does not by itself make it stylish, is all about the little things I believe that can add up to make a big difference.
Here are some brilliant was to have a fabulous bathroom on a budget:
- Keep it freshly painted – keep a little paint back after you have decorated so you can do touch ups when required.
- Shop around for towels. Towels don’t need to be expensive – a coordinated look is important to give unity but they really doesn’t have to cost a fortune.
- Tea lights around the bath can be lovely, particularly scented ones so keep a little stock in your bathroom cupboard.
- A scented air freshener is a must but unless it look great do keep it hidden.
- Wash bathmats regularly so they look fresh clean and inviting,
- Toilet cleaner is vital but beware toilet brushes as they can harbour germs and be so unsightly,
- A sign for your toilet can be a great aid to guests but do avoid anything tacky or jokey.
Print available from Etsy
- Personally I would never put reading material in a bathroom, I think it just adds to clutter and you don’t really want to be encouraging people to linger.
- Add sweet touches like a little bunch of tulips or some Lush scented bath bombs to add an extra zing of freshness.
- If you have kids make sure you use a paint you can wipe!
- Keep to a cleaning schedule so it’s always at its best and you stay on top of it.
- Ensure you have hidden storage for spare loo rolls and cleaning fluids as no one wants to see these (and it doesn’t have to be in he bathroom)
- Train your kids to wipe up toothpaste spills and put away things they have used so you are not having to constantly keep on it.
- Minimise toiletries on display – it just makes a bathroom look smaller and more messy if lots of toiletries are on display.
- Keep glass wipes to hand in the bathroom so you can keep those mirrors smear free.
- Avoid using toilet mats as these just soak up bad odours.
- Regularly open your bathroom windows.
- Consider a gorgeous bathroom wall sticker
- Have a lovely hand wash on display
- Keep towels fresh and to a minimum and the same with robes. They can look really untidy.
- Have a look over at the design room at Twyford Bathrooms for ideas and inspiration, their gallery is gorgeous and I am sure you will be inspired.
Lovely bathrooms can be achieved on a budget they just requite good organisation, storage and thought. Injecting a little of you own style is important too, I have a few simple, botanical prints in mine as we have flowers and plants through out the house.
Do you have any beautiful bathroom on a budget tips you could add to this list?